Admissions Process for 2018-2019 School Year
*Step 1: Get to know St. John Vianney School
*Step 2: Apply for Admission
*Step 3: Submit progress/report card
*Step 4: Submit records request
*Step 5: Apply for Tuition Assistance
*Step 6: Testing
*Step 7: Admission Decisions
**STEP 1: GET TO KNOW ST JOHN VIANNEY SCHOOL
We would love for you to visit us so that we can get acquainted! Visit the school during the day by attending one of our Open House events on:
|Tuesday||November 7th, 2017||8:30AM-11:30AM|
|Thursday||November 9th, 2017||8:30AM-11:30AM|
|Sunday||January 28th, 2018||10AM-1PM|
Please note that weekday school tours are for adults only.
**STEP 2: APPLY FOR ADMISSION
To take advantage of priority consideration for the 2018-19 school year, please submit your application on or before February 5, 2018. Parents are encouraged to take a tour or attend an open house before applying.
A $65 application fee is due with the application. Please mail the application fee separately when applying online and be sure to write your child’s name in the memo section of the check. Applications will not be processed until the payment and required documents are received.
**STEP 3: Submit progress reports/report cards
-Students entering into Kindergarten (Note: Students must be five years of age on or before September 1 for the 2018-19 school year.)
Please complete the top portion of the Report of Preschool Progress (PDF) and submit it to your child’s current teacher. This form should be completed and sent by email, fax, or postal mail to St. John Vianney School before the application deadline.
– Students entering 1st – 8th grade
Please submit a copy of your child’s most recent report card via email, fax, or postal mail before the application deadline.
**STEP 4: Students entering grades 1-8: Submit the School Records Request form
Please complete the School Records Request (PDF) and return to St. John Vianney School via email, fax, or postal mail. This form must be received before the application deadline.
**STEP 5: Apply for Financial Tuition Assistance
St. John Vianney School strives to provide an affordable Catholic school education to students. Three types of financial aid assistance are currently available.
1. The Basic Fund is a privately funded program helping low-income families afford the cost of tuition at private schools. Applications and criteria for this grant will be available in January.
2. The Diocese of San Jose Elementary Scholarship Fund provides tuition assistance to new and returning Catholic families (grades 1-8) in financial need. To be considered for these funds, the FACTS application must be completed no later than February 18, 2018.
3. Additional tuition assistance may be available through the SJV Scholarship Fund. First consideration is given to current SJV families. Families will be automatically considered when completing the FACTS application.
**STEP 6: Testing
Bring your child for screening/testing as indicated below.
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 8:30AM – 12:30PM
One hour appointments will be scheduled after the application has been submitted online, application fee has been paid, and the required documentation has been submitted to the school office.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 1:30 – 3:00PM (Please have your child here at 1:15PM)
**STEP 7: Admissions Acceptances
Acceptance letters will be sent to families within two weeks of screening/testing.
St. John Vianney School admits children in the following order of priority:
- Siblings of current students and children who are on a current waiting list. (The waiting list is comprised of children who have been through the application process, were accepted, and are waiting for an available space).
- Catholic children, whose families have been active, registered members of the worshipping community of St. John Vianney Parish for at least a year and who contribute on a regular basis (at least twice a month) through the envelope system.
- Catholic children who do not belong to St. John Vianney Parish but whose families are active registered members of other Catholic parishes.
- Any other children who meet the admission criteria.
St. John Vianney School, mindful of their mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities. St. John Vianney School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
St. John Vianney School admits children whose educational needs can regularly be met through its instructional program.