SJV Athletic Program
The St. John Vianney Catholic School Athletic Program strives to furnish a sports program that will foster and nurture, in all participants and spectators, a set of Catholic values that emphasize respect of all individuals, building self-esteem, developing individual student skills and knowledge of the sport while always encouraging a sense of fair play and sportsmanship. The SJV Athletic Program is a competitive sports program competing against other schools in the Diocese of San Jose. Any child in 5th – 8th grade, attending St. John Vianney Catholic School, is eligible to participate in our Athletic Program. Children, coaches and parents/guests are expected to follow the rules and regulations in order to continue to participate in our Program.
The Athletic Program at St. John Vianney Catholic School strives to develop:
- Confidence, positive self-esteem, and moral character.
- The social skills to effectively interact and cooperate with others.
- An understanding of commitment, responsibility, and loyalty.
- An ability to control emotions and display good sportsmanship.
- The skill, ability, and knowledge needed to compete successfully.
St John Vianney Catholic School
4601 Hyland Ave
San Jose, CA 95127
SPORTS PLAYED BY SEASON
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Flag Football
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Volleyball
- Girls Flag Football
- Track & Field