In response to evolving news related to COVID-19 (coronavirus), St. John Vianney Catholic School has created this webpage devoted to keeping our school community informed. We hope you will find this useful and we encourage you to check the site frequently for any updates related to COVID-19 and its impact on our school community. Our principal, Ms. Suty, will maintain diligent monitoring of the situation. We are also providing links on this page to additional resources that offer health and safety guidelines as collectively our wider community faces the many challenges resulting from COVID-19. We continue to pray for all those impacted.
IMPORTANT UPDATED INFORMATION FOR SJV FAMILIES
We are welcoming our students back on campus!
In order to meet the needs of all of our families, SJV is currently in a concurrent learning model. Concurrent learning means that there are some students on campus, while others are at home zooming into the classroom. Concurrent teaching can be done live-stream, where the teacher live streams what he/she is doing with the students in class with those at home – OR— virtually where those in class are still on zoom with their classmates as the teacher is teaching to the camera. SJV uses a combination of live-stream and virtual depending on the grade and subject.
St. John Vianney Catholic School is supporting all students through concurrent teaching; a combination of distance learning and on-campus learning to provide continued academic growth. This option will be available at least until after the Christmas holidays.
Because Wednesdays are 12:00 dismissal days, for teacher collaboration in the afternoon, Wednesdays will continue to be all-school Mass in the morning, and a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning during the day. Student's Wednesday schedule will remain the same. Students will be on site on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during the school hours. Drive-in drop off will happen between 8:15 - 8:45 a.m. with assembly at 8:45 a.m. Drive-through pick up will happen at 2:30. The day will continue to end at 2:30 p.m. so that we have time to disinfect the whole campus each evening.
All athletic events are cancelled. No games, practices, or meetings will take place, on or off campus. The Fall sports program has been cancelled.
All activities, practices, and events are being reconsidered for virtual means or onsite using the guidelines from the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health.
As we continue to monitor the coronavirus updates in Santa Clara County, we ask that you practice healthy habits:
- Practice Social Distancing - 6 feet between you and the next person - and Shelter-In-Place
- Stay home when sick and away from others in your household.
- Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including washing your hands with soap and water frequently, coughing into a tissue or your elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you’ve just washed your hands.
- Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy foods, and manage your stress to keep your immunity strong.
Some Facts Regarding The Current Closure of Our Campus
- No one at St. John Vianney Catholic School (teacher, parent, student) has reported a positive test result for COVID-19. However, if you or a close family member tests positive, kindly email or message Ms. Karen Suty, principal (email@example.com) - as soon as you know.
- St. John Vianney Catholic School faculty and staff will continue to practice guidelines set forth by the Santa Clara Public Health Department regarding interactions and sanitation.
We continue to accept applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Please visit the SJV Admissions page for information.