St. John Vianney Catholic School is committed to providing financial aid to our families desiring a Catholic education for their children. Financial Aid is available for families in need of tuition assistance and is awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Financial aid decisions are guided by the family’s financial data submitted to FACTS and reviewed by administration.
- Applying for tuition assistance has no impact on admission decisions.
- Tuition assistance is awarded purely based on financial need that is assessed by FACTS.
- Families are required to re-apply for financial assistance every year.
The BASIC Fund is a privately funded organization providing partial-tuition scholarships to low-income families across the Bay Area, helping them afford the cost of tuition at the private school of their choice. This program is intended as a helping hand for families enrolling their children at a private school for the first time.This scholarship is renewable annually. Starting in January 1, 2020, BASIC Fund applications and renewals will be processed online. For more information, please review the FAQ at www.basicfund.org or call Customer Service at (415) 986-5650.
St. John Vianney Catholic School Needs Based Tuition Assistance Fund (SJV NBTA)
The purpose of this fund is to provide tuition assistance awards from the SJV Catholic School Scholarship Fund, Diocesan Scholarship Fund, Golf Tournament Scholarship Fund, and private donors, to students presently attending SJV, as well as new students entering for the first time. Monies are awarded on the basis of financial need with CONSIDERATION only given to families who applied for FACTS Grant & Aid.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment conducts the financial needs analysis for needs based assistance for the upcoming academic year. Families applying for financial assistance must complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS. Applicants can only apply online at FACTS. Please note the following documentation is required once the application has been completed:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules. (Final verification may not occur until your current Federal taxes are submitted. At that time, we can determine eligibility and monies for scholarships.)
- Copies of your most recent W-2 form(s)
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Information (SSI), Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All questions or concerns about the application process should be directed to Lourdes Aguilar at (408) 258-7677.
To be considered for any assistance, the Financial Aid Committee will determine if families have met the following criteria:
- Are in good standing with school obligations (tuition, fundraising, volunteer hours)
- Are Catholic families who regularly attend Mass within the Diocese of San Jose and contribute regularly through the Sunday offertory envelopes
Important: Any application for financial assistance that is received after the deadlines listed will be placed on a waiting list.
All forms of financial assistance have an application deadline is March 15, 2019.
A total of two separate applications are necessary if seeking assistance from the BASIC Fund and either one or both of the SJV or Diocesan funds.
Please direct any questions to Laura Seminatore at email@example.com