Important: Any application for financial assistance that is received after the deadlines listed on this page will be placed on a waiting list.
Saint John Vianney Catholic School partners with the FACTS Management Company to streamline the financial assistance application process for both:
- The Diocese of San Jose Scholarship
- SJV Scholarship Fund
Click on the application link below and follow the instructions to create a user name and password before applying.
FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment will be conducting the financial needs analysis for SJV for the upcoming 2018-2019 academic year. Families applying for financial assistance must complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS by Monday, February 12, 2018. Applicants can only apply online at FACTS. Please note the following documentation is required once the application has been completed:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules
- Copies of your most recent W-2 form(s)
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Information (SSI), Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF
All supporting documentation can be uploaded and submitted in PDF format.
All questions or concerns about the application process should be directed to a FACTS Customer Care Representative at (866) 441-4637.
Diocesan Financial Aid
The Diocese of San Jose offers tuition assistance to new and returning students (Grades 1-8) in financial need. Through the Diocesan Annual Appeal and parish collections, funds are disbursed to families at our diocesan schools. Catholic families who want to be considered for these funds must complete the FACTS application no later than February 12, 2018.
St. John Vianney School Scholarship Fund
- The purpose of this fund is to provide tuition assistance awards from the SJV School Scholarship Fund to students presently attending SJV.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need with FIRST CONSIDERATION being given to families who applied for the Diocesan Scholarship through FACTS, and are active members within the Diocese of San Jose, with priority given to active SJV parishioners.
- Scholarship monies are awarded for one year. If a family’s financial situation improves, it is expected that the principal will be notified, and the funds awarded will be returned and redistributed to another family in need.
- In order to apply for an SJV Scholarship, all financial and service commitments for the current year must be met, unless arrangements have been made in writing and approved by the principal.
This is a privately funded program dedicated to assisting low-income families in obtaining a Catholic education. This program is only for new students, Kindergarten through 8th grade. If you are a current family and are enrolling a sibling for the first time, you are eligible to apply. This scholarship is renewable annually. Download the application (Spanish version), complete, and return it to the school. For more information please review the FAQ at www.basicfund.org or call Customer Service at (415) 986-5650.
To be considered for any assistance, the Financial Aid Committee will determine if families have met the following criteria:
- Are in good standing with school obligations (tuition, fundraising, volunteer hours)
- Are Catholic families who regularly attend Mass within the Diocese of San Jose and contribute regularly through the Sunday offertory envelopes
Important: Any application for financial assistance that is received after the deadlines listed will be placed on a waiting list.
The SJV and Diocesan financial assistance application (via FACTS) deadline is February 12, 2018.
The BASIC Fund application deadline is March 9, 2018.
A total of two separate applications are necessary if seeking assistance from the BASIC Fund and either one or both of the SJV or Diocesan funds.
Please direct any questions to Anthony Barajas at email@example.com